Do you have a rounder stomach than you would like to have? Having a belly bulge can be one of the most difficult things to dress for. Trying to find clothes that fit properly and are flattering can be a real challenge, especially if you’re trying to hide your stomach fat. Well, if so, don’t worry. You can make it appear flatter with just a few simple tricks and the help of stylish clothing. This blog will cover how to dress smartly and hide that tummy away! Read on for some of our top fashion advice for dressing around your belly bulge!
Table of Contents
How can I flatten my Stomach with Clothes?
10 Ways to Dress to Hide a Belly Bulge
1. Flowy Tops
A babydoll or tunic top can help to conceal a belly bulge. To create the illusion of a smaller waistline, look for loose-fitting tops with some ruching or gathering at the waist.
2. High-Waisted Bottoms
Wearing bottoms that sit at or above your natural waistline will give the appearance of a slimmer torso. To balance out your look, pair high-waisted pants or skirts with a fitted top.
3. Darker Colors
Darker colors are slimming than lighter colors. To hide a belly bulge, dress in black, navy, or dark grey.
4. Layer Up
Layering can also help to conceal a tummy bulge. Try wearing a cardigan or blazer with your outfit to create a layered look that will help hide your stomach.
5. Patterned Pieces
Distracting patterns can help draw attention away from problem areas on your body. Incorporate patterned pieces into your ensemble, such as a printed scarf or a top with geometric shapes.
Shapewear can also help to smooth out any lumps or bumps. Look for lightweight, breathable shapewear that will give you a more toned appearance while remaining comfortable. Checkout this amazing guide for the best plus size bodysuits for smoothing and shaping your body.
Related Post: 10 Ways to use Plus Size Cinchers in Defining Waistline.
Wearing a belt around the waist creates the illusion of a slimmer stomach. Cinch a belt in the same color as your top or pants at the natural waistline for an instant slimming effect.
8. Maxi Dress
Maxi dresses are also great for hiding belly fat because they have a loose fit and flowy fabric that skims over problem areas on your body. To achieve an even slimming effect, look for maxi dresses with ruching or gathering at the waistline. Learn how to hide lower belly pooch in a dress.
9. A-Line Skirts
A-line skirts are excellent for hiding tummy bulges because they fit close to the waist and flare out towards the hem for an elongated silhouette. To balance out your look and show off your shape in all the right places, pair an A-line skirt with a fitted top!
10. Shapeless Silhouettes
Last but not least, shapeless silhouettes such as tunics and tent dresses can help to hide a belly bulge. These garments are loose-fitting and offer plenty of coverage, allowing you to feel confident and fashionable.
Be selective with shapewear
Shapewear is intended to help you smooth out your silhouette and achieve a more attractive figure. However, not all shapewear is the same. It is critical to be selective when shopping for shapewear to help you conceal a belly bulge.
- To begin, look for shapewear that is specifically designed to target your problem areas. For example, if you have a lot of back fat, look for a garment with extra back support. If you carry the majority of your weight in your midsection, look for a high-waisted style that provides extra coverage and support.
- Next, ensure that the fabric is both comfortable and breathable. You do not want to feel suffocated or unable to breathe properly. A good rule of thumb is to avoid anything made of latex or other non-breathable synthetic materials. Instead, choose natural fibres such as cotton or bamboo.
- Finally, take note of the fit. You don’t want your shapewear to be too tight and cause bulges in other areas (like your thighs or butt). It should be snug but not too tight, and it should stay in place without needing to be readjusted all the time.
How to Make your stomach look Flat in a Tight Dress?
Though achieving a perfectly flat stomach quickly is impossible, with the right clothing, you can make your stomach look noticeably flatter in a tight dress.
- First, make sure you’re wearing the correct bra size. A bra that is too big will cause a bulge in your stomach. Wear slimming and smoothing shapewear. This will aid in the creation of a smooth silhouette. Select a dress that is not too tight. Any bumps or lumps in your stomach will be accentuated if the dress is too tight.
- Begin by avoiding overly loose and baggy clothing that tends to widen your midsection in favor of pieces that hug your body’s curves. Here’s a list of what not to wear when plus size.
- Look for tops with cutouts or strategically placed seams that draw the eye away from your midsection. Wear a waist-cinching belt or wrap tops to achieve an hourglass figure. Peplum tops are ideal because they conceal the abdomen while adding curves and volume to the upper body.
- Choose leggings or skinny jeans made of stretch fabric like spandex to fit snugly around your body while still allowing for freedom of movement.
- High-waisted skirts and dresses will provide midsection coverage while emphasizing curves; avoid tight pencil skirts for this purpose, as they may highlight what you’re attempting to conceal.
- A fit-and-flare dress is the best way to get some cinching action without skimping style; try throwing on a pair of heels if you want added height and sexiness!
How to Make your stomach look Flat in a Bodycon Dress?
When it comes to creating the illusion of a flat stomach, the right clothing choices can make all the difference. Bodycon dresses are excellent for emphasizing curves and making your stomach look flatter. There are several essential tips you can follow to make your stomach look flat in a bodycon dress:
1. Choose the right size
A bodycon dress that fits properly will flatter your figure and make your stomach appear slimmer. Choose a size that is snug but does not cause bulging or pinching on any parts of your body.
2. Choose a fabric with a structure
For the perfect silhouette, choose thicker fabrics like scuba knit or stretch twill. These materials will provide structure and support while still hugging your body’s curves nicely.
3. Choose dark colors
Darker colors make you look slimmer than lighter colors, so choose navy blue, black, or grey when selecting your bodycon dress. Avoid prints and patterns because they tend to draw attention to areas of the body rather than detract from them.
4. Correctly accessorize
To draw attention to your curves, try belts around the waistline or jewellery around this area of the body, such as an oversized necklace or statement bracelet. This can help draw attention away from trouble areas while accentuating other features of your look!
How to hide belly fat in a Tight Dress without Spanx?
It can be difficult to conceal unwanted belly fat while wearing a tight dress. Here are some pointers on how to hide belly fat without wearing Spanx or other shapewear.
- Choose lightweight fabrics like knits or stretchy materials like jersey and viscose. These will cling to and skim your shape without being too tight. Tweed and linen are stiff fabrics that make even the flattest stomachs appear bulky.
- Dark colors, as opposed to lighter shades, can help hide excess weight around your midsection better.
- Consider wearing slim-fitting bottoms with a looser top; use prints, colors, and textures on the top of your body rather than near your waistline to draw attention away from your stomach.
- A well-fitted scarf or belt can also help draw attention upward, away from your waistline; avoid overly cinched belts or large buckles; they tend to make bellies look bigger by squeezing them together over the clothing.
- If you want to hide any extra bulk in the middle of your body, avoid ruffles, buttons, and deep pockets, which will only draw attention to it.
- Finally, high-waisted skirts and dresses that hit above the belly button can help to conceal any lumps!
How to make your Tummy look Flat in Jeans?
- Choosing a pair of jeans that fits well and provides plenty of support is one of the most effective ways to make your tummy appear flat in jeans. Try on different styles and sizes to find the perfect fit. Loose-fitting jeans will add bulk and make you appear larger than you are.
- Bring a friend or a consultant with you when you go shopping; they may have suggestions for flattering silhouettes and can help you decide which style would look best on your body type.
- Choose a pair of jeans with an elastic waistband as well. This will allow your stomach to breathe rather than squeezing it all day, allowing you to be comfortable even after wearing the same clothes for hours.
- When all else fails, invest in some basic shapewear to help you tuck everything in without constantly adjusting or tugging at your clothing throughout the day.
How to make your stomach look Flat in a Crop Top?
If your stomach isn’t completely flat, wearing a crop top can be difficult. However, there are a few tips and tricks you can use crop top to look slimmer.
- The first step is to find a fit that is appropriate for your body type. A crop top should be snug but not too tight, skimming over your body without being too constricting or revealing. Try on different sizes and styles until you find one that fits your figure perfectly.
- Select appropriate layers beneath your crop top, such as a tank top or camisole. The appropriate layer will be snug but comfortable. It will serve as an additional layer between skin and clothing, giving your body more structure and shape.
- If you want to draw attention away from your stomach, choose a bolder color or pattern for the bottom half of your outfit – think bright pastels or bold geometric patterns – this will draw attention away from the middle of your body, which can help slim down the waistline.
- Finally, if all else fails, accessorizing with simple jewellery pieces like earrings, necklaces, or bangles is a great way to add extra dimension so that the focus is not solely on the clothing.
How to make your stomach look Flat in a Cocktail Dress?
If you’re self-conscious about your stomach, you can take the following steps to ensure a flat stomach in your cocktail dress:
- Choose a dress that is comfortable and not too tight. Your dress should allow you to breathe easily and should skim over your curves without clinging. If you require additional support, look for a dress that includes built-in shapewear or wear spanx underneath.
- Consider your posture. While walking, keep your back straight and your stomach tight. This will slim you down and make your stomach look flatter.
- Don’t forget the appropriate accessories. A belt can help you slim down your midsection by cinching your waist.
These tips will make you look and feel fabulous at your next cocktail party!
Finding the right clothes to flatter your figure can be challenging, but with a little practice and guidance from our tips, you’ll soon master it. From trousers that help define the waistband to cleverly placed patterns, many tricks can visually minimize our stomach area. Now that you know what clothes will make your stomach appear flat and toned, get creative and mix and match different pieces for an effortless look!