A large belly can be embarrassing, especially when it comes to clothing. You know you should wear pants that fit properly, but what if your stomach just won’t fit into them? Having a large stomach does not have to mean sacrificing style. There are numerous ways to dress stylishly for the larger body type, and wearing pants with a big belly is one of them. Continue reading for advice on how to wear pants with a big belly so you can look and feel great.
Table of Contents
How to Wear Pants with a Big Belly?
1. Choosing the right Jeans
When it comes to choosing the right jeans, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- First, make sure the jeans fit properly around the waist. They will be uncomfortable and will not flatter your figure if they are too tight. Check out this comprehensive guide on what a plus size woman should not wear.
- Second, select a style that is both comfortable and flattering. There are many different types of jeans available, so try on a few different pairs to see what looks best on you.
- Third, make certain that the jeans are the correct length. They will bunch up at the bottom if they are too long and will not look as flattering.
- Finally, select a color or wash that matches your skin tone and personal style. With so many different options available, there is no reason not to find the perfect pair of jeans for you!
2. Create vertical lines with long Cardigans, Jackets and Ponchos
Wearing long cardigans, jackets, and ponchos can give the appearance of a slimmer silhouette if you have a large belly. Vertical lines will help to lengthen your figure and flatten your stomach.
Choose dark colors to slim down your look, or a bright pop of color to add fun and personality to your ensemble. In either case, you’ll look stylish and feel at ease in your own skin.
Another great trick is to use a belt to cinch your waist. This will deflect attention away from your stomach and create a more attractive silhouette. Layer over tanks, tees, and blouses for added length and coverage.
3. Wear Tops over your Pants and don’t tuck them
When you have a large stomach, it can be tempting to tuck your shirt in to try to conceal it. However, this makes you appear larger. Wear tops over your pants and leave them untucked instead. This will make your stomach appear flatter and less prominent.
If you’re concerned about your shirt riding up, layer it with a tank top or a bodysuit. This will help to keep everything in place and give you a more defined silhouette.
4. Choose Asymmetrical Tops to hide your belly
If you have a large stomach, you may be self-conscious about your appearance and feel the need to conceal it. Wearing pants with a big belly can be difficult, but there is clothing that is both flattering and comfortable.
Asymmetrical tops are ideal for hiding your stomach because they provide coverage without adding bulk. Look for tops with strategically placed draping or ruching to help conceal your stomach. To create a slimming effect, pair your top with slim-fitting pants in a dark color. This guide will help you know what clothes suit a chubby girl.
If you’re worried about your bottom half, choose pants with a high waistline to help hide your stomach. With the right clothing choices, you can wear pants with a big belly and feel confident in your own skin.
5. Use Pants that tuck the tummy in
Pants, as we all know, are one of the most difficult items to find when you have a big belly. You want something that will flatter your stomach while also not making you feel suffocated by Spanx. What is the solution?
Choose a pair of pants with a little stretch in the fabric that tuck in at the waist. This will provide you with the necessary coverage without making you feel as if you can’t breathe.
High-waisted styles with an elastic waistband that come up to just below your navel are ideal. These will keep everything tucked in and give you a more flattering silhouette. Plus, they look great with all kinds of tops, so you can dress them up or down according to the occasion.
6. Use Shapewear
You probably have a love-hate relationship with your shapewear if you’re like most women. On the one hand, it can assist you in attaining a smooth and slim silhouette. On the other hand, it can be extremely unpleasant. Shapewear, on the other hand, is an absolute must if you have a large stomach.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing shapewear for a big belly:
- To begin, select a style that provides adequate coverage. You don’t want anything riding up or falling down all day.
- Second, choose a material that is soft and won’t irritate your skin.
- Finally, choose the correct size – shapewear that is too small will be extremely uncomfortable, while shapewear that is too large will completely defeat the purpose.
Wearing pants with a big belly is much easier once you’ve got the right shapewear in place. Simply put on your favorite pair of pants and then layer on your shapewear.
The additional layer of support will help keep everything in place and give you a more even appearance. Just remember to avoid wearing any tight-fitting clothing over your shapewear or you’ll end up with an unsightly bulge!
7. Shop Wide-Leg Trousers
If you have a little extra weight around your midsection, wide-leg trousers are a great way to balance your proportions. Choose a pair that sits at your natural waistline to flatter your tummy and has a little stretch for comfort. A dark wash will also help slim you down.
What to Avoid when Choosing Pants?
1. Ill-fitting clothes
The last thing you want to do when you’re carrying extra weight around your midsection is wear pants that are too tight or too loose. Instead, look for pants that have a comfortable fit and will not cling to your stomach or cause an unsightly bulge.
2. Muffin top
Too-tight pants can cause a “muffin top” effect, in which the fabric cuts into your flesh and forms an unflattering roll of skin over the top of your waistband. This is not only uncomfortable, but it can also be difficult to conceal. If you have a muffin top, look for pants with a higher waistline to help smooth out your stomach. Check out this complete guide to hide muffin top in jeans.
Pockets are another thing to avoid when shopping for pants. Pockets can add unnecessary bulk to your frame, as well as make you appear wider than you are. Avoid styles with pockets on the hips or thighs if you’re looking for slimming pants.
4. Bold Patterns
While bright patterns are fashionable, they can draw attention to your midsection and make you appear larger. Instead, go for solid colors or subtle prints to slim down your look.
The Best Pants for a big Belly
There’s no reason to be self-conscious about having a larger stomach. In fact, you can benefit from your body type by wearing the appropriate pants:
- Fitted at the waist and flared at the hips are the best pants for a big belly. This will result in a flattering and comfortable silhouette.
- High-waisted pants are another excellent choice for those with larger stomachs. High waisted pants can provide additional support and help to conceal a larger stomach.
- Additionally, look for fabrics with some stretch to allow you to move more freely and comfortably.
- Finally, tight skinny jeans or trousers will only highlight your stomach. Instead, go for looser styles that don’t cling to the body and have plenty of room in the thigh area. You can enjoy looking and feeling your best with the right pair of pants!
The Worst Pants for a big Belly
There are a few things to avoid when dressing a big belly:
- Tight clothing, high waisted pants, and anything that draws attention to your waist. Instead, choose dark-colored pants with a looser fit.
- Bootcut or wide leg pants will help you balance your proportions and look more proportionate overall. Don’t forget to wear a long tunic top to cover up your backside.
- Choose pants in a stretchy fabric for the most flattering look. This material will be gentler on your midsection and will help to smooth out any lumps or bumps.
- Finally, pleated pants should be avoided because they can add bulk to your waist.
How to find the Right size Pants?
When it comes to finding the right size pants, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
- First, check that the waistband of the pants is comfortable and does not dig into your skin.
- Second, choose a pair of pants that have a relaxed fit through the hips and thighs.
- Finally, make sure that the length of the pants hits at or just below the ankle.
- When shopping for pants, knowing your measurements will help you find the correct size. If you’re not sure what size you need, consult a sizing chart or speak with a sales associate. You’ll be able to find the perfect pair of pants if you follow these steps!
How to Style your Pants?
There are a few things to keep in mind when styling pants with a big belly:
- To begin, avoid wearing clothing that is too tight, as this will only highlight your stomach. Choose looser, more comfortable styles instead.
- Second, choose darker colors and patterns over lighter ones to help slim your silhouette.
- Third, make sure your pants have a high waistline to completely cover your stomach.
- Fourth, balance out your figure by wearing your pants with a flattering top.
- Another great way to ensure your pants look their best is to tailor them to your body shape. If you want something tailored, go to a reputable tailor who specializes in alterations and can customize the fit of your trousers.
- When it comes to belts, avoid bulky ones and instead opt for a slim one that won’t add bulk to your midsection.
- Layering can also be used to add interest to an outfit without adding bulk.
- Finally, if you need extra support in the stomach area, try wearing a shapewear piece underneath your clothing for extra coverage.
- Pair your pants with a simple t-shirt or blouse and a lightweight jacket for a more casual look.
- Pair them with a dress shirt or blouse and a blazer for a more formal look. To finish the look, add accessories such as belts or scarves.
Should you Wear your Pants over or under your Belly?
There is no universally accepted answer to this question, and it is highly subjective. Some people believe that wearing pants over their stomach gives them more coverage and makes them feel more comfortable, whereas others believe that wearing pants under their belly helps to slim their silhouette.
It is ultimately up to you how you wear your pants. Choose the style that makes you feel the most at ease and confident. It is ultimately up to the individual to determine which option works best for them.
How to Dress with a Big Belly and Skinny Legs?
Don’t give up if you have a big belly and skinny legs! There are ways to dress for your body type that will enhance your appearance and flatter your figure. Here are some styling tips for a big belly and skinny legs:
- Choose pants that are comfortable around the waist and not too tight in the thighs. A leg silhouette that is loose or flared can help balance out a larger midsection.
- For a slimming effect, choose darker wash jeans or trousers.
- Avoid wearing super short tops or anything that exposes your waistline. A longer top or tunic-style sweater can help conceal a large stomach.
- Wrap or A-line skirts that cinch the waist and flare out over the hips are ideal.
- Wear a belt with a dress or tunic to define the waist.
- Wear low or medium heeled shoes. This can help to give the appearance of longer legs.
- A pair of heels will shape your lower half. This will help to create the illusion of curves while also balancing your proportions.
- Use a belt to cinch your waist. This will draw attention to your slim waistline and help you achieve an hourglass figure.
- Play around with different colors and prints, such as vertical stripes or polka dots, to draw the eye upwards rather than downwards.
- Choose lightweight fabrics that will not cling to your body. Flowy silhouettes can be achieved with fabrics such as chiffon and silk.
How to Hide Belly fat in Jeans?
There are a few ways to hide belly fat in jeans, and the best method for you depends on the type of jeans you’re wearing:
- If you’re wearing baggy jeans, a tunic top or long cardigan can help conceal your stomach. Pairing your jeans with a fitted top can also help to slim you down.
- Tuck in a loose tank top or blouse if you’re wearing skinny jeans. You can also add definition to your look by wearing a belt.
- Finally, finding a pair of jeans that fits properly is critical. Look for jeans that fit snugly at the waist but allow you to move freely in the legs and seat.
- If you have a large stomach, avoid wearing skinny jeans because they will make your stomach appear larger in comparison.
- If you’re trying to hide your stomach area, avoid low-rise jeans as they tend to draw attention to your midsection. Denim that has a higher waist can help to give the illusion of a slimmer silhouette.
- Opt for dark denim or styles with vertical stripes or detailing to further minimize the appearance of belly fat.
How do you Hide FUPA in tight Pants?
There are a few ways to hide FUPA in tight pants:
- Choose higher-rise pants. High-waisted pants, jeans, and leggings can help to provide extra coverage and conceal any extra weight around your midsection. Here’s how you know the best leggings for plus size.
- Select a darker colored pants. Darker colors are more slimming, so wearing a pair of black or navy pants can help conceal FUPA.
- Wear a longer top or tunic over your pants to distract yourself from your FUPA. Choose something flowy and loose fitting so it doesn’t cling to any areas you want to conceal.
- If you want an extra layer of support and coverage when wearing tight clothing like skinny jeans or leggings, invest in shapewear or control top panties.
- Use accessories, such as a belt or scarf, to draw attention away from your midsection.
- Wear a jacket or cardigan over your outfit to hide any flab around your midsection.
- Perform abdominal muscle toning and tightening exercises to help reduce the appearance of FUPA. Wearing high-waisted pants is one option. This will help to conceal the problem and make it less visible.
Finally, wear the appropriate size pants. Pants that are too tight will only draw attention to the area, so find a pair that fits well without being too tight.
How to Choose the Right Jeans for your Plus Size body shape?
When it comes to finding the best jeans for your plus size body shape, there are a few factors to consider:
- First and foremost, consider your waistline. If you have a large waistline, look for jeans that sit higher up on the waist, as this will give the illusion of a smaller waist. Low-rise jeans may be more flattering if you have a smaller waist.
- You should also think about the type of denim you want for your jeans. Stretchy options, such as jeggings and skinny jeans, will provide greater comfort and flexibility.
- Bootcut jeans are also a good choice for plus-size women because they help to balance out your body’s curves.
- Make certain that the jeans are properly fitted. Try on different sizes and styles until you find one that fits your body perfectly. This will make you look and feel great in your new jeans.
- Finally, you should consider color and wash. Darker colors can make you look slimmer, while lighter colors can make you appear larger. Try on various styles and colors of jeans until you find the perfect pair for your body shape!
- Another factor to think about is the shape of your hips and bottom. Bootcut or flared jeans will help to balance out your proportions and create a more flattering silhouette if you have wide hips and/or a large bottom.
It’s simple to look good while wearing pants with a big belly if you use the right styling techniques. To ensure maximum comfort, choose materials that are stretchy and breathable. Choose waistbands that fit properly and provide adequate support for your stomach area. Finally, think about wearing your pants with tops or jackets that flatter your figure. Anyone can learn to dress stylishly when dealing with a larger midsection with a little practice and patience!