Summer is the perfect time to break out the shorts, but if you have fat legs, you may be dreading the thought of having to show them off. Don’t worry – there are plenty of ways to style shorts so that they flatter your figure and make your legs look their best. In this blog post, we’ll share some tips on how to choose the right shorts for fat legs, as well as how to style them with confidence. By the end, you’ll be ready to rock those shorts and show off your gorgeous legs all summer long!
Table of Contents
How to Wear Shorts with Fat Legs?
Can you wear shorts if you have big thighs?
Many women avoid wearing shorts because they think their thighs are too big. If you’re self-conscious about your thighs, don’t feel like you have to avoid shorts altogether. There are plenty of ways to wear shorts even if you have big thighs. The key is to find a pair of shorts that fit well and flatter your figure. But, there are ways to wear shorts and still look great! Here are a few tips:
1. A good place to start is with a pair of high-waisted shorts. This style will help to slim down your thighs and give you a more flattering silhouette. If you’re worried about your legs looking too bulky in shorts, go for a pair that’s made from a piece of lightweight fabric. This will help to create the illusion of thinner legs.
2. Choose the right style of shorts. A-line or high-waisted styles will help to balance out your proportions and make your legs look slimmer. If you are confused about balancing your proportion as an overweight person, here’s how to look stylish when fat.
3. Another great option for those with bigger thighs is to wear culottes or skorts. These pieces are similar to skirts, but they have a relaxed fit through the hips and thighs. This makes them super comfortable to wear while still giving you coverage. And, because they’re loose-fitting, they won’t cling to your legs in an unflattering way.
4. Make sure the length is appropriate. Shorts that are too short will only accentuate your problem areas. Choose a length that hits just above the knee for the most flattering look.
5. If you want to show off your legs in shorts but don’t want the extra volume, try wearing a pair of Bermuda shorts. These sit at the natural waistline and usually end just above the knee. This means they’ll give you some leg coverage without adding extra bulk around your thighs.
6. Pair your shorts with the right top. A loose, flowing top will help to camouflage your thighs and give you a more slimming silhouette overall. For a slimming silhouette, here’s how to hide a muffin top in high waisted bottoms.
Whatever style of shorts you choose, make sure they fit well. Ill-fitting clothes can make anyone look larger than they are, so it’s important to get the right size when shopping for shorts. If you’re unsure of what size to get, try going up a size or two.
This way, you can always adjust the waistband or hem if needed. With these tips in mind, you can rock a pair of shorts no matter what your thigh size!
The Best Shorts for Fat Legs
If you have fat legs, you may feel like you can’t wear shorts. But with the right pair of shorts, you can look and feel great! Here are some tips for finding the best shorts for fat legs:
1. First, you’ll want to find a pair of shorts that fit well and flatter your figure. Choose a pair of shorts that are a bit loose-fitting and comfortable. Avoid anything too tight or constricting. However, if you love wearing tight clothes then learn how to slay in tight outfits when fat.
2. Second, you’ll want to choose a style that is comfortable and easy to wear. So, Opt for a longer length, which will help to slim down your legs.
3. Darker colors are always more slimming, so choose a darker wash or color for your shorts.
4. Avoid large embellishments or details around the thigh area, as this will only emphasize your thighs.
5. Pair your shorts with a loose-fitting top and flats or sandals to complete the look.
With these tips in mind, you would know how to wear shorts with fat legs.
The Worst Shorts for Fat Legs
There are a few things to avoid when shopping for shorts if you have fat legs.
- Firstly, stay away from any kind of tight shorts – these will just accentuate your problem areas and make your legs look even bigger.
- Secondly, don’t go for anything too short – remember, the aim is to balance out your proportions, not draw even more attention to your legs.
- Finally, avoid wearing anything that has frills or decorations on the thighs because they will, once more, make your legs appear longer than they actually are. The finest shorts for chubby legs are basic, mid-length, slightly loose-fitting garments.
How to Style Shorts with Fat Legs?
If you have fat legs, don’t worry–you can still wear shorts! There are a few things to keep in mind when styling shorts with fat legs, though.
- First, avoid shorts that are too tight or too short. You want your shorts to be loose and comfortable, and of a length that hits right above the knee.
- Second, pair your shorts with a flowing top to create a balanced look. A loose-fitting blouse or tunic is a perfect choice. Learn how to create balanced, trendy, and fashionable outfits for everyday wear.
- Third, choose shoes that add visual interest to your outfit. Strappy sandals or brightly colored sneakers are both great options.
- Fourth, A-line shorts are always a good choice, as they offer gentle coverage and don’t cling to the body. If you want something with a little more structure, try paper bag shorts – they look great cinched at the waist with a belt. Or, go for an on-trend style like high-waisted denim cutoff shorts. Just make sure to pair them with a cropped top or tank so you don’t end up looking too bottom-heavy.
- And finally, don’t forget to accessorize! A cute hat or statement necklace can really pull your whole look together.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Wearing Shorts with Fat Legs
If you have fat legs and want to wear shorts, there are some important do’s and don’ts to keep in mind. However, there are ways to wear shorts and still look great! Here are some tips:
- Do choose a pair of shorts that fit well. Avoid anything too tight or too loose – you want a pair that hugs your curves without constricting.
- Do opt for a darker wash. This will help to slim your legs down and will help to camouflage any lumps or bumps on your legs and give the illusion of a slimmer silhouette. Check out how to wear light colors when overweight if you enjoy wearing them but avoid doing so since you are a plus-size lady.
Now for the DON’TS:
- First, DON’T wear shorts that are too short. Not only will this be uncomfortable, but it will also make your legs look even larger than they are. Stick to a mid-thigh length for the most flattering look.
- Don’t forget about proportion. If you’re wearing a loose top with your shorts, make sure the bottom half is more fitted so your overall look isn’t overwhelming. The goal is to balance out your proportions and create a slimming effect.
- Don’t go for bright colors or large patterns. Stick with dark colors or neutral tones.
- Don’t forget to accessorize! A cute pair of sandals or wedges can really complete the look.
Now that you know how to style shorts with fat legs, go out and enjoy the warm weather!
How to Look Good in Shorts with Big Thighs?
If you have big thighs, you might think that wearing shorts is out of the question. But there are actually a few ways to style shorts so that they flatter your figure.
1. Pick the right shorts. A-line or high-waisted shorts with a loose fit are the most flattering for big thighs. try to find a pair of shorts that sit high on the waist. This will help to create the illusion of a smaller waist and longer legs. A pair of ripped denim shorts or utility-style cargo shorts are perfect for this.
2. Make sure the length is right. Shorts that hit at or just above the knee are the most flattering.
3. Another great way to make your legs look good in shorts is to choose a style that has an interesting detail or print. This will help to draw the eye away from your thighs and create a more balanced look overall. Floral printed shorts or those with ruffles or pleats are all good options.
4. Pair your shorts with the right top. A loose, flowing top will balance out your big thighs and make you look more proportionate.
5. Accessorize wisely. Choose accessories that draw attention to your upper body or face, rather than your lower half.
6. Don’t forget about footwear. Heels will help to lengthen your legs, while flats can make your thighs look even bigger. Choose shoes that flatter your legs and make you feel confident!
7. Lastly, don’t be afraid to show a little skin! If you’ve got nice calves or ankles, opt for a pair of shorts that are shorter in length. This will help to show off your best assets and make your legs look longer and leaner overall.
How to Choose Shorts for Big Legs?
This is a common question we get asked and it’s one that stumps a lot of women. How do you choose shorts when you have bigger legs? Do you go for a knee-length pair or stick to something shorter? And what style should you avoid?
Here are a few tips on choosing the right shorts for big legs:
1. Go for a mid-length.
Knee-length shorts are the best option for big legs as they will cover up any problem areas and make your legs look slimmer. Stay away from short shorts as these will only accentuate your leg size. Look for a pair of shorts that has a high waist. This will help to create the illusion of a smaller waist and make your legs look longer.
2. Choose a fitted style.
Loose-fitting shorts will only make your legs look larger so it’s best to opt for a more fitted style. Look for shorts with some Lycra or elastane in them so they hug your curves without being too tight. Avoid any shorts that are too tight or have too much fabric. These will only make your thighs look bigger. Instead, opt for a pair of shorts that is loose and comfortable.
3. Stick to darker colours.
Choose a dark wash or neutral color. Light colors can sometimes make thighs look larger than they actually are. Darker colors will help to slim down your look. The majority of shorts are blue, but does blue make you fat? Get answers right here.
4. Give some details.
Look for details that flatter your figure. Belts, pockets, and other details can help to accentuate your best assets and downplay any areas you’re self-conscious about.
How to Accessorize Shorts with Fat Legs?
Here are some amazing tips to accessorize shorts with fat legs:
1. Choose the right style of shorts.
A-line or skater-style shorts are a good choice if you have bigger thighs, as they will flatter your shape. Avoid tight-fitting styles such as hotpants, as they will only accentuate your problem areas.
2. Know your assets.
Focus on highlighting your best assets and downplaying any problem areas. For example, if you have great legs but are self-conscious about your thighs, consider wearing a pair of shorts with a pretty flowy top.
3. Go for a darker wash.
Darker denim is more flattering on larger legs, as it has a slimming effect.
4. Accessorize with care.
When it comes to accessories, less is more if you have fat legs. A simple pair of sandals or sneakers will suffice – avoid chunky shoes that will make your legs look even larger. If you must wear a heel, go for a thin stiletto rather than a chunky platform style.
5. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
The best way to find what works for you is to try out different looks and see what makes you feel most confident.
Ultimately, how to wear shorts with fat legs is up to you. There are many different ways to style them, and the most important thing is that you feel comfortable and confident in your outfit. With a little bit of trial and error, you’ll be sure to find a look that works for you. We hope our tips have helped you figure out how to choose and style the perfect pair of shorts for your body type. With a little bit of effort, you can look great in shorts no matter what your leg size is. So go out there and enjoy the warmer weather in style!
Sophia Dcruz is not just an author at Curvardrobe; she’s a passionate advocate for self-love, body positivity, and all things fashion. With a genuine desire to empower plus-size women, Sophia brings a unique blend of style expertise and a heartfelt commitment to her role as a writer and influencer.